Your Personal Guide to Safe Cosmetics
CosmEthics helps people make smart product choices tailored to individual needs. Our app allows users to scan the product’s bar code, and cross-references it with our default settings (parabens, phthalates, formaldehyde releasers, isothiazolinones, hydroquinone and triclosan). You can then read more about these ingredients through the Wikipedia links on the product page. Also the research articles linked with the default alerts are accessible within the app.
Personalized for You
CosmEthics has seven default alerts, which are linked to research articles and an abstract (overview of research on the hazard ingredient). You will see a red traffic light appear next to the ingredient name, if the product contains an ingredient from the following alert groups:
- EU Banned Ingredients
Find the complete list of CosmEthics’ default alerts here
CosmEthics offers ten ready-made lists. They can be added as a full list in the My Alerts section by clicking on “Add new alert”.
Currently, we have following lists available:
- Aluminum (24 ingredients)
- Plastics (80 ingredients)
- Vegan (339 ingredients)
- Fragrance Allergens (50 ingredients)
- Chemical Sensitisers (Colorants) (6 ingredients)
- Chemical Sensitisers (Preservatives) (5 ingredients)
- UV Filter Concern List (13 ingredients)
- Conscious Consumer (74 ingredients)
- ECHA High Concern List (87 ingredients)
- Nail Products Concern List (13 ingredients)
Find the ingredients from those lists here
Hi, I am the founder of CosmEthics. This is what is in my washbag. What is in yours?
Want to recommend products to your friends? We make it easy with our CosmEthics App.